BioBrick-A-Bot Model C V 1.1 in action.
IGEM Presentation Part 1:
IGEM Presentation Part 2:
University of Washington Software Team. BioBrick-A-Bot Project to be presented at MIT from Oct 30- Nov 2 during
iGEM (Intl Genetically Engineered Machine) 2009
BioBrick-A-Bot is made up of an ALPHA Module and a PHI Module mounted on a BETA Frame.
BETA Frame: BioBrick Environmental Test Apparatus
ALPHA Module: Automated Lego Pipette Head Assembly
- Motor 1, Motor 2, Motor 3 used to position the pipette head accurately to any wells on the 96-well plate.
Pneumatic Handling Interface
- Motor 1 connected to a piston, either Aspirate or Dispense Fluid
- Motor 2 connected to 2 compression pumps, emit air jet to Clean Fluid
- Motor 3 controls a 3-way switch which selects one of 3 actions: Aspirate / Dispense, Nothing or Clean
Master Slave Synchronization
- Master Device : ALPHA Module
- Slave Device : PHI Module
- synchronization is programmtically controlled via bluetooth wireless technology